The Testing Center is located in the Advanced Technologies Building, Room 106. Testing is by appointment only, and a picture ID is required for all testing.
Director of Testing
336.342.4261 ext. 2250
Please visit Accommodations Testing for information on how to be approved and scheduling.
Curriculum Testing By Appointment:
Testing Center under construction - Please check back!
Students may come to the Testing Center to take:
- Make-up tests and Re-tests
- Credit by Exam for Keyboarding (OST 131), Introduction to Computers (CIS 110), and Spanish (SPA 111, SPA 112)
- Proctored tests for online students
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exams
Credit by Exam
If you feel that you are proficient in Keyboarding (OST 131), Introduction to Computers (CIS 110), or Spanish (SPA 111, SPA 112) and would like to register for Credit by Exam, you must:
- Register for a section of the course with your advisor.
- Make an appointment in The Testing Center to take the test.
- Pay the tuition and take the test before the end of Drop/Add for the semester.
- Take a picture ID and proof of payment to The Testing Center during your appointed test time.
In order to receive credit for OST-131, students must key at least 20 WPM with 3 or less errors on two different timed writings, one using only letters and the other one using letters, symbols, and numbers. Students may have two attempts on each timed writing to meet this goal. In addition, students must pass a Numeric Keypad Proficiency Test with a minimum of 94 DPM.
In order to receive credit for CIS-110, your must demonstrate skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and general computer knowledge.
There is no penalty for attempting the place out test and not passing. You will stay in the class. If you have questions or would like to make an appointment to take the examination, call 336-342-4261, ext. 2250.
The Testing Center offers proctoring services to students enrolled at other colleges and universities. Proctored tests are scheduled by appointment only and students should arrive at the Testing Center at least 15 minutes before the scheduled testing time. Tests begin no later than one hour prior to closing time.
The Testing Center will provide a computer with Internet access for online testing and receive paper exams via US Mail, fax, or e-mail.
Students should contact Kim Shireman either by phone (336-342-4261, Ext. 2250) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment.
There is a $20.00 proctoring fee per test payable in cash prior to the test being administered. Students within the North Carolina Community College System will not be charged a fee. In addition, the testing fee will be waived for Rockingham Community College faculty and staff.
Rockingham Community College is a Pearson-VUE Authorized Test Center (PVTC). We can provide on-site, on-demand testing for IT certification and select professional exams. In addition, we also offer the web-based version of the High School Equivalency Examination (GED) via our Pearson-VUE Test Center.
Our Pearson-VUE Test Center is located in the Advanced Technologies Building.
Directions To Campus
Some of the exams we offer include: NBPTS, CompTIA, and Cisco. For a complete list of available exams and to schedule a testing appointment, please visit the
Pearson-VUE Testing Hours: Wednesday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and Thursday 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Testing Policies and Procedures
Guidelines for Faculty
1. All curriculum tests should be sent to Kim Shireman unless the student has been aproved for special accommodations. Faculty can email (email@example.com), send the test via interoffice mail to the Testing Center, attach the test to the Testing Request in Doc-eFill, or deliver the test in person.
2.Testing will be by appointment only and will be administered in the Testing Center in the Advanced Technologies Building.
3. Students should contact Kim Shireman by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call ext. 2250 to schedule a day and time to take the test.
4. Curriculum Tests include: Make-up tests, Re-tests, proctored test for online students, and Credit by Exam tests for OST 131 and CIS 110.
5. All tests requiring accommodations should be sent to Adrienne Bowman at least 24 hours prior to the test. Faculty can email (email@example.com), send the test via interoffice mail to the Testing Center, attach the test to the Testing Request in Doc-eFill, or deliver the test in person. Students will either test during class time or an alternate time that has been approved by faculty.
6. All tests must have a completed Testing Request cover sheet to include any specific instructions to the student. This cover sheet is located in Doc-eFill and should be sent to Charlotte Meeks. Please indicate if the test requires special accommodations and the Testing Request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
7. Instructors must approve all items students may use when testing.
8. Open-book tests will be permitted only per the specific approval of the instructor.
Guidelines for Students
1. A photo ID is required for all tests and must be presented at time of test administration.
2. Students must provide the instructor's name, course name & number, and the test number needed in order to have a test administered.
3. Students must report for testing in the Testing Center at the scheduled time. If a student is more than 15 minutes late for his/her appointment, the student will need to reschedule a time to take the test.
4. No student may leave the room and return to a test in progress.
5. Only required testing materials are allowed in testing area. All personal belongings must be stored in a designated area to include all electronic devices, coats, purses, hats, study material, backpacks, and briefcases. All cell phones must be turned off or set to silent, as long as they do not ring or vibrate.
6. Students may not bring a test to or take a test from the Testing Center.
7. Students should contact the instructor to determine when the test will be available in the Testing Center. Staff cannot answer phone inquiries about test availability.
8. Students will not have access to a test after its due date.
9. Students caught cheating will be asked to surrender all materials and the test will be stopped.
10. No children are allowed in the Testing Center and/or to be left unattended on campus while testing is in progress.
11. No food or beverages are permitted in the Testing Center.
12. Questions about test content are referred to the instructors.