Associate Degree Nursing Candidate Review Form (pdf)
Review forms will be accepted beginning January 18, 2018.
It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2018 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
Associate Degree Nursing Candidate Review Forms must be turned in to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center by 5:00pm on February 28, 2018.
(The Admissions Office will be open between 8am and 5pm on February 28, 2018. We will not begin taking Candidate Review Forms until January 16, 2018.)
An appointment is required. Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Attend a Nursing Program Information Session
Complete the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
|February 28, 2018|
Complete ALL college and program-specific admissions requirements
|February 28, 2018 at 5pm|
Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office to submit, verify, and sign your Candidate Review Form (appointment required)
|January 16, 2018 through
February 28, 2018 at 5pm
2017-2018 Nursing Information Session dates
All Sessions are in the Owens Health Science Building (OHS), on the RCC Campus
Tuesday, October 24 - 6pm - OHS 206
Thursday, October 26 - 10am - OHS 209
Tuesday, November 14 - 10am - OHS 120
Wednesday, November 15 - 6pm - OHS 206
Wednesday, December 6 - 10am - OHS 206
Thursday, December 7 - 6pm - OHS 206
Tuesday, January 23 - 6pm - Location TBD
Wednesday, January 24 - 10am - Location TBD
Wednesday, February 14 - 10am - Location TBD
Thursday, February 15 - 6pm - Location TBD
Please note room location! No RSVP necessary. Sessions begin promptly- please, no children. Late arrivals will not receive credit for attendance and must attend another session to receive credit (doors close promptly at start time, so plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early). If you attended last year's information session, you must still attend one of these sessions.
1. Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps on the Admissions RCC web page.
2. Complete the specific Associate Degree Nursing admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050) and English (DRE 096, 097, 098).
- Have taken Biology 168 and 169 with a grade of "C" or higher at the same institution. (Applicants may be enrolled in BIO 169 in the Spring 2018 semester.)
- Have taken CHM 130 (with lab) or higher with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in CHM 130 or higher in the Spring 2018 semester.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) from all colleges attended (including RCC) in the past 7 years of 2.5 or better. In addition, if you have attended RCC, your RCC cumulative GPA must also be 2.5 or better. GPA will not be “rounded up” to meet Admissions Standards.
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session in the 2017/2018 academic year.
- Hold current certification in Adult and Child CPR issued by the American Heart Association.
- Must hold a current certification as a North Carolina Nurse Aide I or II with no substantiated findings. (Applicants may be enrolled in a CNA course at the time of application.)
- Overall TEAS score (in the last 24 months) of 63. (Students who have taken the test between February 28, 2016 and August 30, 2016 may submit TEAS V scores. All students taking the TEAS test between August 31, 2016 and February 28, 2018 must submit ATI TEAS (new test) scores).
- Essay: One page, double spaced, TYPED. Prompt: Why do you want to be a nurse and how do you hope to better the world?
3. Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office. Bring a copy of the Associate Degree Nursing Candidate Review Form with you (appointment required).
Applications will be sent to the Nursing Staff for review and ranking after the February 28, 2018 deadline.
If admitted to the ADN Program, students will attend a mandatory orientation during the summer 2018 semester.
Associate Degree Nursing Curriculum Outline (2017-2018) and Important Information
The ADN Curriculum Outline and Important Information (pdf)
Appointments are required to review and submit your Candidate Review Form. Please contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Admissions Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8am - 5pm
Wednesday 8am - 6pm
Friday 8am - 2pm
TEAS Testing Information
All TEAS sessions at RCC will take place in the Testing Center in the Advanced Technologies Building (ADT).
Important notes regarding taking the ATI TEAS:
- Please do not contact RCC to schedule or re-schedule your test. Any issues regarding the scheduling of your TEAS test is handled through ATI Testing.
- The ATI TEAS Study Manual (sixth edition) is offered through ATI study material website for a cost of $50.00. They also have an online practice test for $46.00.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early! Arrivals after the posted start time will not be allowed to enter the testing room - NO EXCEPTIONS! If you have to re-schedule your test, you should arrange to do so through ATI, not RCC. Refunds and re-scheduling are approved at the discretion of ATI.
- Cost: $70.00 - paid to ATI Testing upon registering (subject to change at discretion of ATI)
- Students who have taken the test between February 28, 2016 and August 30, 2016 may submit TEAS V scores. All students taking the TEAS test between August 31, 2016 and February 28, 2018 must submit ATI TEAS (new test) scores.