Associate Degree Nursing Candidate Review Form (pdf)
Review forms will be accepted beginning January 22, 2019.
It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2019 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
Associate Degree Nursing Candidate Review Forms must be turned in to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center by 5:00pm on February 28, 2019.
We will begin taking Candidate Review Forms on January 22, 2019.
An appointment is required. Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Attend a Nursing Program Information Session
Complete the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
|February 28, 2019|
Complete ALL college and program-specific admissions requirements
|February 28, 2019 at 5pm|
Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office to submit, verify, and sign your Candidate Review Form (appointment required)
|January 22, 2019 through
February 28, 2019 at 5pm
2018-2019 Nursing Information Session dates
All Sessions are in the Owens Health Science Building (OHS), on the RCC Campus
Tuesday, October 23, 6pm - OHS 210
Thursday, October 25, 10am - OHS 210
Tuesday, November 13, 10am - OHS 210
Wednesday, November 14, 6pm - OHS 210
Wednesday, December 5, 10am - OHS 210
Thursday, December 6, 6pm - OHS 210
Tuesday, January 22, 6pm - OHS 210
Wednesday, January 23, 10am - OHS 210
Wednesday, February 13, 6pm - OHS 210
Thursday, February 14, 10am - OHS 210
Please note room location! No RSVP necessary. Sessions begin promptly- please, no children. Late arrivals will not receive credit for attendance and must attend another session to receive credit (doors close promptly at start time, so plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early). If you attended last year's information session, you must still attend one of these sessions.
1. Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps on the Admissions RCC web page.
2. Complete the specific Associate Degree Nursing admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050) and English (DRE 096, 097, 098).
- Have taken Biology 168 and 169 with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in BIO 169 in the Spring 2019 semester.)
- Have taken CHM 131 (with lab) or higher with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in CHM 131/A or higher in the Spring 2019 semester.)
- Have a 2.8 GPA or higher from all completed pre-requisite and nursing general education courses. GPA calculation includes BIO 168, BIO 169, CHM 131/A, and any completed nursing general education courses (ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, and humanities elective).
- Be in Good Academic Standing with Rockingham Community College.
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session in the 2018/2019 academic year.
- Hold current certification in Adult and Child CPR issued by the American Heart Association.
- Must hold a current certification as a North Carolina Nurse Aide I or II with no substantiated findings. (Applicants may be enrolled in a CNA course at the time of application.)
- Overall TEAS score of 63. Scores are valid for two years (24 months).
- Essay - One page, double spaced, typed statement reponding to the following questions: What makes you a strong candidate for the ADN program at Rockingham Community College? What is the biggest challenge you will face in the ADN program?
3. Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office. Bring a copy of the Associate Degree Nursing Candidate Review Form with you (appointment required).
Applications will be sent to the Nursing Staff for review and ranking after the February 28, 2019 deadline.
If admitted to the ADN Program, students will attend a mandatory orientation during the summer 2019 semester.
Associate Degree Nursing Curriculum Outline (2018-2019) and Important Information
The ADN Curriculum Outline and Important Information (pdf)
Appointments are required to review and submit your Candidate Review Form. Please contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Admissions Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8am - 5pm
Wednesday 8am - 6pm
Friday 8am - 3pm
GPA is calculated using completed general education courses including BIO 168, BIO 169, CHM 131/A, ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, and a humanities elective. The following Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate GPA using final grades from these courses. Course letter grade (A, B, C) can be entered into the yellow column. GPA is automatically calculated in the labeled green cell.
TEAS Testing Information
All TEAS sessions at RCC will take place in the Testing Center in the Advanced Technologies Building (ADT).
Important notes regarding taking the ATI TEAS:
- Please do not contact RCC to schedule or re-schedule your test. Any issues regarding the scheduling of your TEAS test is handled through ATI Testing.
- An ATI TEAS Study Manual and online practice test are offered through ATI study material website.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early! Arrivals after the posted start time will not be allowed to enter the testing room - NO EXCEPTIONS! If you have to re-schedule your test, you should arrange to do so through ATI, not RCC. Refunds and re-scheduling are approved at the discretion of ATI.
- Cost: $70.00 - paid to ATI Testing upon registering (subject to change at discretion of ATI)