It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2018 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
Please review the Respiratory Therapy Performance Standards (pdf). Submitting a Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review form indicates your understanding of these standards.
Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review Form must be turned in to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center by 5:00pm on March 21, 2018. We will begin accepting Candidate Review Forms on January 16, 2017.
Application to Acceptance Timeline (pdf)
An appointment is required. Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Tuesday, September 19 - 10am
Wednesday, October 4 - 6pm
Tuesday, October 24 - 1pm
Thursday, February 22 - 6pm
These sessions will take place in the Owens Human Services (OHS) Building Respiratory Lab, Room 122. The Respiratory Lab is on the first floor, down the hall to the right of the Information Desk, across from the commons area.
For more information on the program, please feel free to contact Admissions at (336) 342-4261 x 2333.
1. Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps on the Admissions RCC web page.
2. Complete the specific Respiratory Therapy admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050) and English (DRE 096, 097, 098).
- Have completed one unit of high school BIOLOGY or one college-level course in BIOLOGY (4 credit hrs, including lab) with a grade of “C” or better.
- Have and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) from all colleges attended (including RCC) in the past 7 years of 2.5 or better. In addition, if you have attended RCC, your RCC cumulative GPA must also be 2.5 or better. GPA will not be “rounded up” to meet Admissions Standards. (Individuals with a GPA of 2.5 or close to 2.5 may be admitted conditionally based on Spring and Summer semester grades.)
3. Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office. Bring a copy of the Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review Form and any supporting documents ( please see the Review Category Areas pdf under Review Procedure) with you (appointment required). Deadline to apply is March 21, 2018 at 5pm.
New review procedures use a selection system based on the awarding of points for several category areas. Applicants with the highest number of points who also meet all admissions criteria are reviewed first. These areas may be found in the Review Category Areas (pdf).
If admitted to the Respiratory Therapy program, students will attend a mandatory Respiratory Therapy orientation during the spring or summer 2018 semester.