It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2018 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
The 2017-2018 Surgical Technology Curriculum outline may be found in the RCC Catalog. (Outline is subject to change.)
Please review the Surgical Technology Performance Standards (pdf). Submitting a Surgical Technology Candidate Review form indicates your understanding of these standards.
2015 CST Exam Pass rate: 82%
Surgical Technology Candidate Review Form must be turned in to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center by 5:00pm on March 28, 2018.
Review forms will be accepted beginning January 16, 2018.
Application to Acceptance Timeline (pdf)
An appointment is required. Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Thursday, October 19 - Owens Human Services Bldg (OHS)
- 9:00am - OHS, room 123
- 6:00pm - OHS, room 209
Thursday, December 7 - Owens Human Services Bldg (OHS), room TBD
(optional, but encouraged - choose one session)
1. Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps on the Admissions RCC web page.
2. Complete the specific Surgical Technology admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050) and English (DRE 096, 097, 098).
- Have achieved a minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better, or equivalent GED total score of at least 244 (old version) or 2440 (new version).
Students with college-level coursework must have achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.0 from all colleges attended (including RCC) in the past 7 years. In addition, if you have attended RCC, your RCC cumulative GPA must also be 2.0 or better within the past 7 years. GPA will not be rounded up to meet Admissions Standards.
3. Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office (appointment required). Bring a copy of the Surgical Technology Candidate Review Form (pdf) and any supporting documents (see points and selection pdf under Review Procedure) with you. The deadline to meet with the Health Sciences Admissions Coordinator is March 28, 2018 at 5pm.
New review procedures use a selection system based on the awarding of points for several category areas. Applicants with the highest number of points who also meet all admissions criteria are reviewed first. These areas may be found in the Surgical Technology Points and Selection pdf.
If admitted to the Surgical Technology Program, students will attend a mandatory Surgical Technology orientation during the spring or summer 2018 semester.