It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2019 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog and the 2018-2019 Surgical Technology Student Handbook for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
The Surgical Technology Curriculum outline may be found in the RCC Catalog. (Outline is subject to change.)
Please review the Surgical Technology Performance Standards (pdf). Submitting a Surgical Technology Candidate Review form indicates your understanding of these standards.
2017 CST Exam Pass rate: 87.5%
Surgical Technology Candidate Review Form must be turned in to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center by 5:00pm on March 19, 2019.
Review forms will be accepted beginning January 22, 2018.
Application to Acceptance Timeline (pdf)
An appointment is required to submit the Candidate Review Form. Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
2018-2019 Info Session Dates
Thursday, September 20, 1pm
Tuesday, October 9, 11am
Thursday, November 1, 6pm
Thursday, November 29, 4pm
Information sessions will take place in the Owens Human Services (OHS) building, room 209.
(optional, but encouraged - choose one session)
1. Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps on the Admissions RCC web page.
2. Complete the specific Surgical Technology admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050) and English (DRE 096, 097, 098).
- Candidate has a 2.5 GPA or higher from all surgical technology general education courses. GPA calcuation includes any of the following completed courses: BIO 163, BIO 175, MED 120, PSY 150, ENG 111, ENG 114, BUS 137, CIS 110, mathematics elective, and humanities/fine arts elective.
- Candidate is in Good Academic Standing with Rockingham Community College.
3. Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office (appointment required). Bring a copy of the Surgical Technology Candidate Review Form (pdf) and any supporting documents (see points and selection pdf under Review Procedure) with you. The deadline to meet with the Health Sciences Admissions Coordinator is March 19, 2019 at 5pm.
New review procedures use a selection system based on the awarding of points for several category areas. Applicants with the highest number of points who also meet all admissions criteria are reviewed first. These areas may be found in the Surgical Technology Points and Selection pdf.
If admitted to the Surgical Technology Program, students will attend a mandatory Surgical Technology orientation during the spring or summer 2019 semester.