It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2018 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
LPN to ADN Candidate Review Forms must be turned in to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center by 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
An appointment is required. Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Attend a mandatory Nursing Program Information Session
|October 2017 -
Complete ALL college and program-specific admissions requirements
|February 28, 2018 at 5pm|
Complete the Associate Degree Nursing (LPN to ADN Option) Candidate Review Form
|February 28, 2018 at 5pm|
Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office to submit, verify, and sign your Candidate Review Form (appointment required)
|January 16, 2018 -
February 28, 2018 at 5pm
2017-2018 Nursing Information Session Dates
All Sessions are in the Owens Health Science Building (OHS), on the RCC Campus
Tuesday, October 24 - 6pm - OHS 206
Thursday, October 26 - 10am - OHS 209
Tuesday, November 14 - 10am - OHS 120
Wednesday, November 15 - 6pm - OHS 206
Wednesday, December 6 - 10am - OHS 206
Thursday, December 7 - 6pm - OHS 206
Tuesday, January 23 - 6pm - OHS (Room TBD)
Wednesday, January 24 - 10am - OHS (Room TBD)
Wednesday, February 14 - 10am - OHS (Room TBD)
Thursday, February 15 - 6pm - OHS (Room TBD)
Please note room location! No RSVP necessary. Sessions begin promptly- please, no children. Late arrivals will not receive credit for attendance and must attend another session to receive credit (doors close promptly at start time, so plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early). If you attended last year's information session, you must still attend one of these sessions.
1. Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps on the Admissions RCC web page.
2. Complete the specific LPN to ADN program admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050) and English (DRE 096, 097, 098).
- Have taken Biology 168 and 169 with a grade of "C" or higher at the same institution. (Applicants may be enrolled in BIO 169 in the Spring 2018 semester.)
- Have taken CHM 130 (with lab) or higher with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in CHM 130 or higher in the Spring 2018 semester.)
- Have completed ENG 111, ENG 114 or ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, and Humanities Elective (ART 111, ART 114, ART 115, MUS 110, MUS 112, PHI 215, PHI 240, or HUM 115) with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in Spring 2018.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better from all colleges attended (including RCC) in the past 7 years. In addition, if you have attended RCC, your RCC cumulative GPA must also be 2.5 or better. GPA will not be “rounded up” to meet Admissions Standards.
- Hold current certification in Adult and Child CPR issued by the American Heart Association.
- Must have current unrestricted licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in North Carolina.
- Must have graduated from an approved Practical Nurse Education Program.
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session in the 2017-18 academic year.
3. Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office (appointment is required). Bring a copy of the Associate Degree Nursing (LPN to ADN) Candidate Review Form with you.
Applications will be sent to the Nursing Staff for review and ranking after the February 28, 2018 deadline
If admitted to the Associate Degree Nursing (LPN to ADN Option) Program, students will attend a mandatory orientation during the summer 2018 semester.