It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2019 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
LPN to ADN Candidate Review Forms must be turned in to the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center by 5:00pm on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
An appointment is required. Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at (336) 342-4261 x2127 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Attend a mandatory Nursing Program Information Session
|October 2018 -
Complete ALL college and program-specific admissions requirements
|February 28, 2019 at 5pm|
Complete the Associate Degree Nursing (LPN to ADN Option) Candidate Review Form
|February 28, 2019 at 5pm|
Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office to submit, verify, and sign your Candidate Review Form (appointment required)
|January 22, 2019 -
February 28, 2019 at 5pm
2018-2019 Nursing Information Session Dates
All Sessions are in the Owens Health Science Building (OHS), on the RCC Campus
Tuesday, October 23, 6pm - OHS 210
Thursday, October 25, 10am - OHS 210
Tuesday, November 13, 10am - OHS 210
Wednesday, November 14, 6pm - OHS 210
Wednesday, December 5, 10am - OHS 210
Thursday, December 6, 6pm - OHS 210
Tuesday, January 22, 6pm
Wednesday, January 23, 10am
Wednesday, Feberuary 13, 6pm
Thursday, February 14, 10am
Please note room location! No RSVP necessary. Sessions begin promptly- please, no children. Late arrivals will not receive credit for attendance and must attend another session to receive credit (doors close promptly at start time, so plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early). If you attended last year's information session, you must still attend one of these sessions.
1. Complete the RCC Admissions Process. See steps on the Admissions RCC web page.
2. Complete the specific LPN to ADN program admissions requirements:
- Complete or place out of all necessary developmental-level courses in mathematics (DMA 010, 020, 030, 040, 050) and English (DRE 096, 097, 098).
- Have taken Biology 168 and 169 with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in BIO 169 in the Spring 2019 semester.)
- Have taken CHM 131 (with lab) or higher with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in CHM 131/A or higher in the Spring 2019 semester.)
- Have completed ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, and Humanities Elective (ART 111, ART 114, ART 115, MUS 110, MUS 112, PHI 215, PHI 240, or HUM 115) with a grade of "C" or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in Spring 2019.)
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or higher from all completed pre-requisite courses. GPA calculation includes: BIO 168, BIO 169, CHM 131/A, ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, and a humanities elective.
- Candidate is in Good Academic Standing with Rockingham Community College.
- Hold current certification in Adult and Child CPR issued by the American Heart Association.
- Must have current unrestricted licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in North Carolina.
- Must have graduated from an approved Practical Nurse Education Program.
- Complete National Acceleration Challenge Examination (NACE).
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session in the 2018-19 academic year.
3. Meet with the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services in the Whitcomb Student Center Admissions Office (appointment is required). Bring a copy of the Associate Degree Nursing (LPN to ADN) Candidate Review Form with you.
Applications will be sent to the Nursing Staff for review and ranking after the February 28, 2019 deadline.
If admitted to the Associate Degree Nursing (LPN to ADN Option) Program, students will attend a mandatory orientation during the summer 2019 semester.
Nursing Acceleration Challenge Examination (NACE) Information:
NACE Test Sessions 2018-2019
Friday, December 7, 1-5pm
Monday, January 14, 1-5pm
Friday, February 1, 9am-1pm
Tuesday, January 29, 9am-1pm
Monday, February 18, 1-5pm
To register for the exam, follow the steps outlined in the NLN Student Guide to NLN Testing Portal.
Important notes regarding the NACE Foundations of Nursing test:
- All test sessions will take place at RCC in the Testing Center (Advanced Technologies Building, room 106).
- Please do not contact RCC to schedule your exam. Any issues regarding the scheduling of the exam is handled through National League for Nursing (NLN).
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to the exam. Photo ID is required for check in.
- Cost: $65 - paid to National League for Nursing (NLN).
- The NACE Foundations of Nursing includes content related to the basic physiological and psychosocial needs of individuals. The four-hour exam consists of 200 items. The test items are multiple choice and alternateive item format used in the NCLEX.
- Test-takers are encouraged to study and prepare for the exam using a NCLEX test preparation resource.