Applying For Financial Aid At RCC
1. Apply for admission. You may apply online. This is a separate process from applying for financial aid however, financial aid cannot be awarded until you are approved for admission and all official high school and college transcripts have been recieved. For additional information on admission, please visit the Admissions page.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). RCC's school code is 002958.
3. When the Financial Aid Office receives a copy of your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, a letter will be sent to you requesting documents needed to complete your file. Once all documents are received, your financial aid file will be reviewed for a possible award.
4. If it is determined that you are eligible for aid, you will receive a financial aid award letter along with several other important documents. Carefully read all materials.
5. Follow-up with the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.
Helpful Financial Aid Videos
The following information is to be read carefully by each student receiving financial aid.
You are responsible for being familiar with the information provided in each of the documents listed.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
Financial aid is available from many different sources. It's important to investigate as many financial aid sources as possible in order to determine if you qualify for funds.
- Federal Aid
- State Aid
- IRS Tax Benefits for Education Information
- RCC Foundation Scholarship Application - Scholarship application opens yearly January 1st.
Financial Aid Office Contact Information:
The Financial Aid Office is located in the Whitcomb Student Center.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Phone: 336.342.4261 extension 2203, 2319, or 2000