Grassy Springs School House

Built in 1882, this building served as the public school for the residents of the Grassy Springs community until 1900.  The school stood on Whetstone Creek Road and was donated to Rockingham Community College by Frances Gann Hall in 1997.  The school was restored during the winter of 1999-2000.  The interior was furnished in memory of Rockingham County educator Lucy McCargo Rankin (1908-1998) by her family, friends and the Rockingham County Historical Society in 2000.

Gerald B. James Library
Rockingham Community College
P.O. Box 38
Wentworth, NC 27375
Phone: (336) 342-4261 ext.2247
Fax: (336) 342-1203