****THE EMT TRANSITION SCHEDULED TO START JAN 30TH HAS BEEN CANCELLED, PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE MAY CLASS****
*****ALL CURRENT EMT'S MUST READ*****
- If your Initial EMT class had started prior to Jan 1st 2014, you are required by the state to Transition to the new National Standard that the state has been moving toward since 2014. This must be done by Dec 31st, 2018 or your credential will be considered expired. RCEMS has been implementing the Transition topics into the monthly con ed but many have either missed a class or the class didn't make. So, in an effort to facilitate the transitio...n, the college will be offering several online Transition courses over the next two years. The first one starts Jan 30th and is limited to 30 people so please call 336-342-4261 ext 2011 and speak with Mrs. Alice Hooker to register, the 1st Section ID # is 39868. The course will last for 4 weeks. The next one will be start May 1st, but seeing there are over a hundred credentialed providers in this county, I would get into the first class I could. Any questions, please call 336-342-4261 ext 2111 and speak with Jason Collins. RCEMS and myself will be visiting the FD's and Squads over the next month or two to further discuss the Transition process.
- EMT Initial Hybrid----March 20th-July 8th, on campus days 3/20 6p-10p, 4/1, 4/29, 5/13, 5/27, 6/10, 6/24, 7/8 8a-5p
- Contact Jason Collins (email@example.com or 342-4261 ext 2111) to schedule an appointment to take the TABE placement test and discuss any questions. You will be required to test at an Eleventh Grade Reading Level, some college English classes may count for this requirement. At the successful end of the course, the student will be eligible to sit for the North Carolina or National Registry EMT Cognitive Exam. NC fee-exempt status does apply to this course.
- EMT Refresher----March 13th-May 7th, Mandatory on campus days May 6th & 7th
- The EMT Refresher Course is designed to meet North Carolina Office of EMS standards for those EMT’s that are in need of Continuing Education for re-credentialing. This course is predominately on-line with two (2) scheduled face-to-face meetings. The 2 class dates at the end of the course are to facilitate the AHA update, skills refresher, Technical Scope of Practice Exam and Final Exam. NC fee-exempt status does apply to this course.
Being a Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT), or Paramedic means helping people when they need it most. Rockingham Community College can provide the training you need to enter this challenging field and get the rewarding feeling that comes from helping others. The NC Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS) mandates specific training to ensure the North Carolina has the very best trained EMTs and paramedics. Entrance requirements for the EMT program at RCC are:
Must have a high school diploma or GED or Adult high school diploma
Passing score for reading for the EMT and additionally math comprehension for the Paramedic level
$180 registration fee (fee exemption with valid proof of affiliation with NC Fire/Rescue/Police)
Supply fees as applicable
Interview with EMS coordinator
Physical and shot records including TB for the AEMT and Paramedic Program
Hepatitis B vaccination or waiver for the AEMT and Paramedic Program
Proof of current flu shot for the AEMT and Paramedic Program
Those interested should contact the EMS Program Office at 336.342.4261, ext.2111
911 Dispatcher Certification
Emergency Telecommunicator Certification (ETC) is a program offered through the National/International Academies of Emergency Dispatch. This 40-hour certification will help strengthen your knowledge of emergency dispatching.
Those interested should contact the EMS Program Office at 336.342.4261, ext.2602
Other EMS Courses
Emergency Services Leadership
Field Training Officer/Preceptor Training
Basic Anatomy & Physiology
Critical Care Paramedic Overview
Integrated Healthcare Provider
Also offer a range of AHA (American Heart Association) classes including Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support and also NAEMT (National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians) courses including Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support, Advanced Medical Life Support, and Emergency Pediatric Care.
Those interested in the AHA Programs should call 336.342.4261, ext.2602, for all other programs call 336.342.4261, ext. 2111
Upcoming AHA Classes
- ACLS Initial-----Feb 24th & 25th 8a-5p
- ACLS Recertification----Feb 25th 8a-5p
- PALS Initial-----March 25th & 26th 8a-5p
- PALS Recertification----April 29th 8a-5p
- Feb 18th 9a-1p
- Mar 18th 9a-1p
- Apr 22nd 9a-1p
- May 13th 9a-1p
- First Aid
- Feb 18th 2p-5p
- Apr 22nd 2p-5p