*****ALL PERSONS THAT CURRENTLY HOLD A MEDICAL CREDENTIAL WITH NCOEMS MUST READ*****
- If your Initial Certification class had started prior to Jan 1st 2014, you are required by the state to Transition to the new National Standard that the state has been moving toward since 2014. This must be done by Dec 31st, 2018 or your credential will be considered expired. RCEMS has been implementing the EMT Transition topics into the monthly con ed but many have either missed a class or the class didn't make. So, in an effort to facilitate the transition, the college will be offering several online Transition courses this year. Any questions, please call 336-342-4261 ext 2111 and speak with Jason Collins. Please visit http://www.ncems.org/transition/ for more information about the NC Transition of EMS Credentials.
UPCOMING 2018 CLASSES:
- TRANSITION COURSES:
UPCOMING 2019 CLASSES:
- EMT INITIAL: Designed to train individuals to become emergency medical personnel, this course teaches patient assessment and basic life support techniques including airway management and CPR; hemorrhage control; oxygen administration; shock; bandaging and splinting; skull, spine, and chest injuries; child birthing; exposure to cold and heat; and transfering patients to medical facilities. Successful completion of this course allows the student to take the North Carolina and National EMT Registry Exams. To register please contact Admissions at 336-342-4261 ext 2333.
- Jan 7th - May 1st - Mon/Wed Nights 6p-10p and every other Saturday 8a-5p, $233* plus textbooks
- Jan 15th - May 14th - Tues/Thurs Nights 6p-10p and every other Saturday 8a-5p, $233* plus textbooks
- PARAMEDIC INITIAL: Designed to train individuals to become emergency medical personnel, this course teaches patient assessment and basic life support techniques including airway management and CPR; hemorrhage control; oxygen administration; shock; bandaging and splinting; skull, spine, and chest injuries; child birthing; exposure to cold and heat; and transferring patients to medical facilities. This course is designed to prepare competent entry-level Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains. Successful completion of this course allows the student to take the North Carolina Cognitive Examination. Must hold an EMT credential to sign up. To register please contact Admissions at 336-342-4261 ext 2333.
- Jan 7th - Dec 10th - Two week rotating schedule: Week 1 - M/T 8:30am-5:30pm, Week 2 - W/Th 8:30am-5:30pm, $585* & other applicable fees during the course
- CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNICIAN: This course covers the anatomy and physiology of the heart, principles of EKG, dysrhythmia recognition of sinus, junctional/atrial rhythms, heart blocks and bundle branches, and ventricular ectopy rhythms. Students will build skills in operating EKG equipment, including running and mounting strips, reading and interpreting 22 types of cardiac lead tracings produced from 12-lead and 5-lead monitors, and understanding the basics of capnography as it relates to heart function. This course will prepare the student for the National Healthcareer Association’s CET (Certified EKG Technician) certification examination (will be extra cost of $117). Contact Admissions for registration, 336-342-4261 ext 2333.
- Jan 18th - Apr 12th - Meets every Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm, $182 plus textbook.
- EMS-3000, BASIC A&P FOR PREHOSPITAL PROFESSIONALS: This course provides a basic study of the structure and function of the human body. Topics include a basic study of the body systems as well as an introduction to homeostasis, cells, tissues, nutrition, acid-base balance, and electrolytes. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the fundamental principles of anatomy and physiology.
- Jan 10th - Mar 6th - All Online, $180* plus textbook
- EMT REFRESHER: The EMT Refresher Course is designed to meet North Carolina Office of EMS standards for those EMT’s that are in need of Continuing Education for re-credentialing, those that have been unsuccessful 3 times at the NC State Exam, or if your credential has expired within the past two years. This course is predominately on-line with two scheduled face-to-face meetings. The on campus class dates at the end of the course are to facilitate the AHA update, skills refresher, Technical Scope of Practice Exam and Final Exam. Students currently credentialed at the NC EMT level, after successful completion, will be eligible to sit for the National Registry EMT Cognitive Examination.
- Jan 10th - Feb 24th - Online with two mandatory on campus days of Feb 23rd & 24th from 9:00am to 5:30pm, $180*
- EMS EDUCATIONAL METHODOLOGY: This course must follow the guidelines established by the NC Office of EMS and must follow the U.S. Department of Transportation's National Guidelines for Educating EMS Instructors (2002 or subsequent amendments) as the official outline meeting the Instructor Methodology Course requirement for credentialing as a NC OEMS Level I Instructor. This course will provide students who are clinically competent in a specific EMS content area with the instructional knowledge, resources, and skills to effectively deliver quality EMS education.
- Feb 21st - Apr 5th - Online with two mandatory on campus days of Mar 15th & Apr 5th from 9:00am to 5:30pm, $180* plus textbook
Being a Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT), or Paramedic means helping people when they need it most. Rockingham Community College can provide the training you need to enter this challenging field and get the rewarding feeling that comes from helping others. The NC Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS) mandates specific training to ensure the North Carolina has the very best trained EMTs and paramedics. Contact our Admissions department regarding Admission Requirements for the EMT, Paramedic, & Cardiovascular Technician courses. They can be reached at 336-342-4261 ext 2333 or at email@example.com.
Those interested in any of the EMS courses, please contact the EMS Program Office at 336.342.4261, ext.2111.
Upcoming 2018-2019 AHA Classes
- CPR, $55, 9a-1p
- Dec 14th
- Jan 11th
- Jan 26th
- Feb 8th
- Feb 23rd
- First Aid, $30, 2p-5p
- Jan 26th
- Feb 8th
Those interested in the AHA Programs should call 336.342.4261, ext.2602.
Upcoming NAEMT Courses
Those interested in any of the NAEMT or ESCI courses, please contact the EMS Program Office at 336.342.4261, ext.2111.
* If you are a member of a North Carolina EMS, Fire, or Law Enforcement agency, some course fees may by waived.
**All courses are subject to being cancelled due to low enrollment.**