Personal Enrichment can mean a lot of things: courses to help you complete a high school education, courses to help you stay healthy and active, courses to teach you a new hobby and even courses to help you get a job. But they all have one thing in common - they help create a better you!
Learn safe motorcycle riding under the direction of certified Motorcycle Safety instructors. This beginning course is designed for riders with little or no experience. Classes are held at Rockingham Community College, in the Bishopric Lifelong Learning Center.
North Carolina requires that all motorcycle riders have the -M- endorsement on their driver's license. This requires a written exam and successfully completing an obstacle course on a motorcycle at your local driver's license office. It is illegal to ride a motorcycle without the endorsement. After successful completion of the Motorcycle Riders Course, you can present your DMV course completion card to the license examiner and you will only be required to complete a written exam.
Proper riding gear is required at all times on the range.
Students must wear:
1. Helmet: The helmet must fit properly, and be labeled DOT approved. Helmets with defects such as no lining, cracked shell, or defective chinstrap will not be used.
2. Eye Protection: Sunglasses must meet the eye protection requirement.
3. Over-The-Ankle Footwear: Shoes should be leather in construction and cover the anklebone.
4. Pants: Pant legs should reach the shoe tops and be made preferably of denim or a material of equivalent durability.
5. Long-Sleeve Shirt Or Jacket: Shirt sleeves must go to the wrist.
6. Gloves: Gloves should be full fingered. Style and material are the student's choice.
Basic Rider Course Class Information:
Class size is limited to 6 students.
This class is self-supporting; no refunds will be given.
Students between ages 16-18 can enroll with a completed minor's release form.
Classes meet on Friday evenings, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Students must pre-register and submit payment of $180.00, by cash, check, MC or Visa within 7 days. Pre-registration information is below.
For more information about Motorcycle Rider courses at RCC or to pre-register for a class call Sarah Tucker at 336.342.4261 ext. 2348 or email email@example.com.
- You may also download a registration form and mail the completed application to:
Rockingham Community College
Attn. Sarah Tucker
PO Box 38
Wentworth, NC 27375
Rockingham Community College, the Rockingham County Court System, and the National Road Safety Foundation are collaborating to train motorists in principals of safe driving. Completion of the 3-hour course or the 6-hour course could help prevent the assessment of insurance points and NC driver’s license points.
Safe Driving: Life in the Transit is a 3-hour course. There is a $50 fee to take the course payable in cash (exact amount), money order, or certified check payable to RCC.
Safe Driving: Fatal Reflections is a 6-hour course. There is an $85 fee to take the course payable in cash (exact amount), money order, or certified check to RCC. The fee must be pre-paid three days prior to class.
For more information on RCC Safe Driving classes, call 336.342.4261, ext. 2348.
The Center For Creative Woodworking is the result of an innovative partnership between Rockingham Community College and the city of Reidsville. This unique, educational woodworking facility is located at 333 South Scales Street beside the Downtown Farmers’ Market in Reidsville, NC.
The Turning Studio is equipped with 10 lathes and all the equipment necessary to process materials in addition to a full compliment of turning tools. Come join us for a one-day class or a one-semester course.
The Woodworking Shop is equipped for ten to twelve students per class. Our instructors provide the experience, knowledge and framework to enable students to successfully create furniture and a wide variety of other woodworking projects.
RCC Center for Creative Woodworking provides the instruction of skills and techniques that meet the needs of woodworker's of all levels. For more information about our programs or the faility please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit us on Facebook at RCC Center for Creative Woodworking
- Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay on top of upcoming classes
Personal Enrichment Courses
Rockingham Community College Personal Enrichment classes offer you the opportunity to develop new skills or upgrade your existing skills in order to improve the quality of your life.
Personal Enrichment courses are available in such diverse areas as:
- Cooking and Food Preparation (e.g. Cake Decorating, Cheese Making)
- The Arts (e.g. Painting, Photography, Quilting, Floral Design)
- Dancing and Exercise (e.g. Yoga and Shag Dancing)
- Crafts (e.g. Pottery, Woodworking)
- Home Brewing (e.g. Craft Beer Making, Growing Hops)
- Animal Care (e.g. Dog Grooming)
- Healthy Living (e.g. Aromatherapy, Gluten-Free Eating, Herbal Remedies)
- Languages (e.g. Spanish, Sign Language)
- Firearms Safety and Management
- And many more!
Not all courses are offered every term. For a complete list of upcoming classes, view our current Continuing Education catalog.
For more information, contact Sharon Galloway at 336.342.4261, ext. 2121 or e-mail email@example.com