- Eagle Alerts
- Academic Support
- Academic Calendar
- Dining On Campus
- Campus Safety
- Career Counseling
- Career Services
- Clubs & Organizations
- Disability Services
- Catalogs, Schedules & Pubs
- Distance Learning
- Counseling Services
- Events Calendar
- Financial Aid
- James Library
- Records Office
- Student Handbook
- Technology Support
- Tuition & Fees
- Veterans Affairs
There are many types of financial aid available for college students – grants, scholarships, work study, etc. The forms and information on this site are provided to help you in applying for student financial aid and help you understand your rights and responsibilities concerning your financial aid. However we understand that applying for financial aid can be a complicated and intimidating process. The RCC Financial Aid Office staff is here to assist you with the process of applying for financial aid. Our experienced staff are available during office hours to respond to your financial aid questions and requests. We are located in the Whitcomb Student Center, and our contact information is listed below.
Applying For Financial Aid At RCC
1. Apply for admission. You may apply online here. This is a separate process from applying for financial aid; however, financial aid cannot be disbursed until you are approved for admission. For additional information on admission, please visit the Admissions page.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the current year you intend to enroll in college. RCC’s school code is 002958. You should also fill out a Scholarship Application (available below) and send it to the Financial Aid Office.
3. When the Financial Aid Office receives a copy of your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, a letter will be sent to you requesting documents needed to complete your file. Once all documents are received, your financial aid file will be reviewed for a possible award.
4. If it is determined that you are eligible for aid, you will receive a financial aid award letter along with several other important documents. Carefully read all materials.
5. Follow-up with your Financial Aid Office Staff if you have any questions.
If you are a veteran, please see our Veterans Affairs page for additional information.
RCC Scholarship Application - Available each year in January. Deadline to apply is March 1st for the next academic year.
Financial Aid Office Contact Information:
The Financial Aid Office is located on the main floor of the Whitcomb Student Center.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
Fax : 336.342.1809
Coe Ann Trent Director of Financial Aid, ext. 2204
, Assistant Director of Financial Aid/Veterans School Certifying Official, ext. 2000
Financial Aid Specialist, ext. 2319
Financial Aid Assistant, ext. 2203
Other Sources of Financial Aid
Financial aid is available from many different sources. It’s important to investigate as many financial aid sources as possible in order to determine if you qualify for funds.