About The RCC Foundation
History And Operation
The Rockingham Community College Foundation, Inc., was founded in January of 1970 as one of the first community college-related foundations established in North Carolina's 58 community college system. The RCC Foundation is a separate legal entity from the college and has a 501(c)(3) charitable organization designation from the IRS. Gifts to the RCC Foundation are tax-deductible. Please see your financial advisor for details on any tax-related matters.
The RCC Foundation is governed by a board of directors that is divided into five working divisions. They are:
- Appropriations - Responsible for the Foundation's grant process and overseeing grant implementation.
- Community Relations and Development - Initiates outreach programs on behalf of the Foundation and coordinates public relations events.
- Investment - Handles the investment of the Foundation's Master Trust (current market value of approximately $8 million) and Endowed Trust (approximate value of $8 million); oversees the endowed scholarship program; and develops financial policies for Foundation funds.
- Organization and Planning - Oversees the board's nomination and election process, strategic planning and board member education programs.
- Resource Development - Responsible for designing and executing fund raising campaigns and communicating financial needs of the Foundation.
The Rockingham Community College Development Office supports Foundation activities and coordinates the following types of fund raising efforts: annual campaigns (i.e. the Countywide Annual Giving Campaign); planned giving and estate gifts (i.e. trusts and bequests); and capital/major gift campaigns (i.e. a campaign of several years in duration with a specific focus.) The Foundation also organizes some alumni events.
For information on these events, contact Gaye Clifton at email@example.com or 336.342.4261, ext. 2201.
Each November the RCC Foundation issues a Request for Proposals (RFP) to the RCC campus. Faculty and staff are encouraged to develop innovative projects/programs which will enhance the learning and collegiate experience of our students. The deadline for the proposals is February 1 each year and awards are announced in May for use in the following fiscal year, which begins on July 1.
RCC Foundation, Inc.
Post Office Box 38
Wentworth, NC 27375-0038
Gaye Clifton, Director of Development
Telephone: 336.342.4261, ext. 2201
Diane Hyler, Development Office Assistant
Telephone: 336.342.4261, ext. 2141