$150k in Emergency Relief Funds awarded to students; $350k still availableMay 12, 2020
Rockingham Community College will award upwards of $150,000 to more than 280 students after the first wave of applications have been processed from Spring semester students seeking financial help through the CARES Act.
Checks will be mailed by May 27, or direct deposited into students’ bank accounts if RCC has that information on file.
The College still has $350,000 available in the Emergency Relief Fund, provided by the CARES Act, for which at least 800 students are potentially eligible.
Students should check their RCC email for information and a link to the new application. The priority deadline to apply is June 5.
Students who have already applied do not need to submit another application.
The U.S. Department of Education is providing this federal funding for students who have been impacted by the disruption of the delivery of instruction due to COVID-19 through the CARES Act (Cornonavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) HEERF (Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund).
Students are eligible if they:
• Were enrolled in a curriculum program at RCC on March 13, 2020
• Have a high school diploma or GED equivalency
• Submitted a valid FAFSA application (Students can find the application here. RCC’s School Code is 002958)
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress
Students are NOT eligible, according to federal guidelines, if they:
• Were enrolled fully online during the Spring 2020 semester
• Are currently enrolled in high school
How do I apply for Emergency Relief Fund?
• Students should check their RCC email for a link to the application, and also make sure RCC has a completed FAFSA application on file.
I have not submitted a FAFSA application, is it too late?
• No – Please submit ASAP. Your application cannot be processed until a valid FAFSA is received.Click here to find the FAFSA application. RCC’s School Code is 002958
How much funding can I receive?
• Grant amounts vary by student circumstances.
How will I receive my funding?
• Direct deposit (enter banking information via your self-service account) or paper check to the mailing address on file if no bank account information is entered.
How can the funding be used?
• Funds should be used for emergency expenses incurred due to COVID-19.
How will I know if I have been approved?
• You will be notified via your RCC email account.