All new Spring 2022 curriculum students will receive a scholarship!
NC Longleaf Commitment Grant
The Longleaf Commitment is a grant program for 2021 NC high school graduates who will attend a North Carolina community college. Full-time eligible students are guaranteed to receive at least $1,400 per semester! The Longleaf commitment Grant ends at the conclusion of the 2023 spring semester.
- Graduate from a North Carolina high school in 2021
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Be a first-time college student (Career & College Promise and Early College High School graduates are eligible)
- Enroll in a curriculum program for Spring 2022
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Complete the 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students with an expected family contribution (EFC) of $15,000 or more and not eligible for the Longleaf Grant will be awarded through RCC’s federal COVID funds
- Renew the FAFSA for the 2022-23 academic year
- Meet RCC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements
Additional information about the North Carolina Longleaf Commitment Grant is available through the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS).
Rockingham CARES Scholarship
The Rockingham CARES Scholarship will provide $600 or $1,200 for curriculum students in the Spring 2022 semester who is not receiving the Longleaf Commitment Grant. Students may receive this scholarship in addition to federal aid and other scholarships.
- Enroll in curriculum classes for Spring 2022
- Students enrolled in 1-6 credit hours will receive $600
- Students enrolled in 7+ credit hours will receive $1,200
- Fall 2021 curriculum students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (2.0 GPA and 67% pass rate) to be eligible for the Spring 2022 CARES Scholarship
- Meet RCC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress requirement during the Spring 2022 semester
The Rockingham CARES Scholarship will go to all Fall 2021 curriculum students who are not receiving the Longleaf Commitment Grant. Career & College Promise (CCP) and Early College High School students are not eligible for this scholarship.