- Be a graduate of a RCS high school – Reidsville, Rockingham, Morehead, or McMichael (eligible to enroll up to 19 months after high school graduation (3-semester break)
- Meet RCC entrance requirements
- Complete the Rockingham Promise Scholarship application (Coming Soon!)
- Graduate high school with a minimum 2.5 unweighted high school GPA
- Completed at least three Career & College Promise (CCP) courses with grades of C or better and be in good academic standing with RCC.*
- Applied for eligible grants and other RCC student aid (scholarship funds will apply to tuition and fees not met by financial aid and other scholarships).
Scholarship funds will apply to tuition and fees not met by financial aid and other scholarships.
The scholarship is on a first-come, first-served basis, as funds remain available. This is a “last-dollar” scholarship. This means students must be processed through Financial Aid and the RCC Foundation Scholarship programs first, before being awarded funds from the RCC Promise scholarship program.
The first-come, first-served basis time clock begins when all documents are received to commence processing of financial aid, i.e. FAFSA and transcripts.
*Good academic standing is a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at the end of each semester.