Associate Degree Nursing: LPN to ADN Option
Fall 2023 Admissions Information
Application Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2023 @ 3pm
Associate Degree Nursing (LPN to ADN) Minimum Requirements
- Complete the RCC admissions process ( apply to RCC, submit all transcripts)
- Complete BIO 168 and BIO 169 with a grade of “C” or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in BIO 169 in the Spring 2023 semester.)
- Complete CHM 131 (with lab CHM 131A ) or CHM 151 with a grade of “C” or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in CHM 131 /A or CHM 151 in the Spring 2023 semester.)
- Complete ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, PSY 241, and humanities elective ( ART 111, ART 114, ART 115, MUS 110, MUS 112, PHI 215, PHI 240, or HUM 115 ) with a grade of “C” or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in Spring 2023.)
- Have a 2.8 GPA or higher from all completed pre-requisite and nursing general education courses. GPA calculation includes the following courses.
- Be in Satisfactory Academic Standing with Rockingham Community College (2.0 or higher RCC cumulative GPA).
- Hold current certification in Adult and Child CPR issued by the American Heart Association.
- Hold current unrestricted licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in North Carolina.
- Must have graduated from an approved Practical Nursing program.
- Complete National Acceleration Challenge Examination (NACE) with a score of 70% or higher. Scores are valid for 24 months (2 years) from date of application.
- Attend a mandatory LPN to ADN Nursing Information Session in the 2022/2023 academic year.
It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these items does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2023 entering class.
- Read the Admissions Requirements (above) and complete the Minimum Admissions Requirements. This includes applying to RCC and submitting all official transcripts to the Admissions Office. NOTE: Current RCC students do not need to submit a new RCC application.
- Attend a mandatory 2022-2023 LPN to ADN Nursing Information Session (see dates in section below).
- Complete the LPN to ADN Candidate Review Form online. The Candidate Review Form will open Friday, December 16, 2022. Candidate Review Forms, including all application materials (NACE scores, CPR card, etc.), must be submitted by Friday, February 24, 2023 @ 3pm.
- Monitor your email for your Candidate Review Form status. Candidate Review Forms will be processed as soon as possible upon submission.
- You will be notified via email whether your form has been successfully submitted to the Nursing Department or if a follow-up meeting with RCC Admissions is required prior to processing your form:
- Submitted Candidate Review Forms that are complete and meet all minimum requirements will be processed and forwarded to the Nursing Department for review. No further action from the student is required in this case.
- Candidates missing requirements or that need additional verification will be required to schedule a follow-up appointment. Candidates will receive the link to schedule an appointment by email. This appointment must be completed by Friday, February 24, 2023 @3pm. This appointment is required before the application will be processed and forwarded to the Nursing Department for review.
|Attend a Mandatory LPN to ADN Information Session (2021/2022)||February 2, 2023 12pm|
|Complete RDS and RCC application||Friday, February 24, 2023 @ 3pm|
|Submit high school/GED transcript and all college transcripts||Friday, February 24, 2023 @ 3pm|
|Submit LPN to ADN Candidate Review Form||Friday, February 24, 2023 @ 3pm|
LPN to ADN Information Session Details
Information sessions are offered virtually through Zoom and on campus in the Owens Health Sciences (OHS) building. Fall 2022 applicants are required to attend one session. If you attended last year’s information session, you must still attend one of these sessions.
Sessions begin at time listed and will last approximately one hour. Please log into the Zoom session or arrive to the campus location at least 10 minutes before the start time. Late arrivals will not receive credit for attendance and must attend another session to receive credit.
Registration is required. Zoom links are provided in the registration confirmation email (registration links below).
2023-2023 LPN to ADN Information Session Dates
|SESSION DATE||TIME||LOCATION||REGISTRATION LINK|
|September 27, 2022||4:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|October 13, 2022||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|October 28, 2022||11:00am||Zoom||Click here to register|
|November 10, 2022||6:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|November 22, 2022||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|December 14, 2022||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|January 20, 2023||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|January 24, 2023||11:00am||Zoom||Click here to register|
|February 2, 2023||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|February 21, 2023||3:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
NOTE: These sessions are specifically for the LPN to ADN program. LPN to ADN applicants must attend one of these designated sessions.
Nursing general education GPA is calculated using the following courses:
- BIO 168, BIO 169
- CHM 131/A
- ENG 111, ENG 112
- MAT 143 or higher
- PSY 150, PSY 241
- Humanities elective ( ART 111, ART 114, ART 115, HUM 115, MUS 110, MUS 112, PHI 215, or PHI 240 )
Use the following link to calculate your nursing general education GPA:
RCC LPN to ADN GPA Calculator
Nursing Acceleration Challenge Examination (NACE)
The Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exam (NACE) Foundations of Nursing is designed to assess an applicant’s nursing knowledge and readiness for advanced nursing education.
General NACE Information
- NACE is a 200-item test consisting of multiple choice and alternative item format used in the NCLEX.
- The NACE Foundations of Nursing includes content related to the basic physiological and psychosocial needs of individuals. See the NLN NACE Series Student Bulletin for a content outline.
- Candidates who will need accommodations for testing should contact Jennifer Harmon (email@example.com) prior to purchasing the test.
- A government-issued photo ID is required to complete the exam. The name on your ID must match the name on your NLN account.
- The NACE is taken through the NLN portal. It is very important for you to have access to your NLN username and password the day of your exam.
NLN Student Support
For assistance with the NLN Portal, please contact the NLN through the Student Customer Support Form.
Students can take the exam either in the RCC Testing Center during a scheduled session or on-demand online through a remote proctor (Proctorio/HyFlex). Please select an option below to learn more.
Option 1: On-Campus Testing (RCC Testing Center)
RCC offers on-campus testing through our Testing Center. Students must register online through the NLN portal to reserve their seat for a test session. Space is limited. A basic 4-function calculator and white board will be provided during the session.
Session Date & Time
- January 10, 2023, 1:00 pm
- January 19, 2023, 9:00 am
- January 30, 2023, 1:00 pm
- February 6, 2023, 1:00 pm
- February 23, 2023, 9:00 am
Sessions will take place in the RCC Testing Center in the Advanced Technologies Building, room 106. Please arrive 15-30 minutes early for check-in. Bring your government-issued photo ID and your NLN username and password.
On-Campus NACE Cost: $70
Registering for an On-Campus NACE Session
- Create your NLN account using the instructions linked here.
- Register and pay for your test session. Follow the On-Campus NACE Registration Instructions for a step-by-step guide to purchasing the exam in the NLN portal.
- Attend your NACE test session in the RCC Testing Session. You must bring a government-issued photo ID and your NLN username and password.
Option 2: Online NACE Testing (Remote Proctoring)
Students can purchase an on-demand online NACE exam through the NLN portal. This allows students to take the exam at a time that is most convenient for them. Online exams do not require a scheduled date and time. You can sign in and take the exam through the NLN portal whenever you are ready. The exam is available for 90 days from date of purchase.
The online exam includes a built-in calculator and white board within the testing portal. No other testing implements are allowed.
Online/Remote Proctoring NACE Cost: $80
Before purchasing, make sure to review the system requirements for the online proctored exam. You will need a stable internet connection, Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser, microphone, and webcam.
Purchasing the Online NACE (Remote Proctoring)
- Create your NLN account using the instructions linked here.
- Purchase the online NACE for HyFlex/Proctorio (online proctoring). Follow the NACE Online Purchasing Instructions for a step-by-step guide to purchasing the exam in the NLN portal.
- Install the Proctorio extension on your browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- When you are ready, log into the NLN Portal and take your online exam.
NACE Test Prep Information
- Test-takers are encouraged to study and prepare for the exam using NCLEX test preparation resources.
- The National League for Nursing (NLN) offers a review material and practice questions for the NACE: Foundations of Nursing exam. The cost is $49. The review material PDF will be available for 90 days and contains general information about the NACE and test taking strategies, a comprehensive overview, and practice item bank with retired test questions. Click here for instructions on how to purchase the review from the NLN.
- The James Library has a limited supply of NACE preparation books available for review. RCC students must have their student ID to check out books. Prospective RCC students can apply for a library card with a photo ID. The review books can be requested at the circulation desk and are available for a 7-day checkout period.
Clinical Compliance Policy
The LPN to ADN Program provides learning opportunities for students in an array of clinical learning environments. To comply with program policies, state and local regulations for healthcare providers, and in the interest of your own personal safety, the safety of your patients, and the potential liability to both the college and clinical agency, there are significant compliance requirements that must be met in order to enter the clinical area.
Applicants are expected to review the Compliance Policy for Clinical Placement prior to application to the program.