The ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT WorkKeys NCRC®) is an assessment-based credential issued at four levels. The NCRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations.
- Build confidence that your skills meet the needs of employers
- Show prospective employers concrete proof of the skills you have
- Apply real-world use to coursework from the classroom
- Determine skill improvement and training needs
- Improve the opportunities for career changes and advancement
To earn the NCRC®, individuals are tested in three areas:
- Applied Math
- Workplace Documents
- Graphic Literacy
These tests identify a person’s math and reading levels and assess their ability to understand graphs, charts, and maps as they relate to various types of jobs.
Some employers require applicants to achieve a specific level of the NCRC®. Contact us to schedule an appointment for testing as soon as possible.
Approximately 90 percent of Rockingham County employers recognize the NCRC® which can be a valuable credential on a resume.
Adults can register for a self-guided course to refresh or learn skills in order to prepare for the NCRC® test. One-on-One instructor assistance is also available by appointment.
Testing is available at Rockingham Community College.
Please contact Gwendolyn Roy at 342-4261 ext. 2006 for more information.