In order to receive assistance, eligible businesses and industries must demonstrate two or more of the following criteria:
- The business is making an appreciable capital investment.
- The business is deploying new technology.
- The business is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State.
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance.
What is Customized Training?
Customized Training is individually custom-made to meet your company’s or organization’s needs.
Continuous Improvement Training
As business and industries go through daily operations, it is important to continually improve and enhance the basic skills of your workforce.
Customized Training Program Purpose
The Customized Training Program is designed to make a difference in your bottom line, whether your organization is creating jobs, investing in new machinery and equipment, or streamlining processes for efficiency.
The Customized Training Program (CTP)
The Rockingham Community College goal is to provide our local manufacturers the opportunities to develop and teach courses and workshops in job-related skills and assist individual companies with continuous improvement for their workforce.
Customized Training Program Development Process
- Meet to assess training needs and develop a training plan that will meet your work schedule and skill improvement objectives.
- Develop the training curriculum and delivery methods that meet the requirements of your organization. CEUs (Continuing Education Unit) are available for most training classes.
Snapshot of Training Topics
If you don’t see your topic on the list, give us a call.
Leadership & Employee Development Training
- Behavioral and skills assessments
- Essentials of Leadership
- Performance Management
- Roles of the Supervisor/Manager
- Management Changes
- Leadership Skills for New Supervisor
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Time Management
- Communication Essentials
- Constructive Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service Fundamentals
- Generations In The Workplace
- Workplace Readiness/Employability Skills
- ISO 9001
- Lean Six Sigma
Workplace Efficiency in MS Office Applications
Introduction to Basic Industrial Maintenance Training
- AC/DC Electrictiy
- Commercial Wiring
- Motors & Controls
- Pneumatics / Hydraulics
- Intro to PLC
- Schematics & Diagrams
- Industrial Safety
- Intro to Maintenance Procedures
- Metalworking Processes
- Basic Welding Processes
General OSHA Compliance Safety Training
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Lockout / Tagout
- NFPA 70 E Awareness
- Fall Protection
- Fire Extinguisher
- Forklift / Powered Industrial Truck
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
Workplace Health and Safety
- Heartsaver First Aid/CPR/AED
- OSHA 10 – This 10-hour course provides instruction on a variety of general industry safety and health standards for workers
- OSHA 30 – This 30-hour course is designed for safety directors, field supervisors and foremen.
Some of Our Clients
- Blow Molded Solutions
- Commonwealth Brands
- Envision Plastics
- Frontier Spinning
- Global Textile Alliance
- Isometrics, Inc.
- KDH Defense Systems
- Loparex, LLC
- McMichael Mills, Inc
- Piedmont Distillers
- Pine Hall Brick
- Remington Arms Company, LLC
- TMD WEK
Short-term training projects
- Southern Finishing
This is an opportunity you do not want to miss. To learn more about how state-funded customized training can benefit your business, contact Mara O’Neil at 336.342.4261, ext. 2010 or email@example.com.