Registering for Classes
View our current Continuing Education Course Catalog to see a complete list of upcoming classes, or search for classes online.
To take a class, click here to Register Online or print and fill out a Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF) and either bring it to the RCC Continuing Education Division located in the Bishopric Lifelong Learning Center on our campus, or mail your registration and payment to:
RCC, Continuing Education Division
PO Box 38
Wentworth, NC, 27375-0038
You may also call 336-342-4261 ext. 2011 to register by phone; just mention the Continuing Education course Section number (####).
About Continuing Education at RCC
Continuing Education is all about learning new skills, from how to run a business to how to play a guitar. Our Continuing Education classes can help you achieve a wide range of goals, so we have made it easier to find the classes you want by putting them into four categories:
- College and Career Readines s Rockingham Community College’s College and Career Readiness (CCR) program is designed to help you improve your basic reading, speaking, writing, math, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Employability Programs can help you get a new or better job through training and education.
- Business Services can help businesses of all sizes through employee training, educational seminars, and counseling.
- Personal Enrichment courses and programs can help you develop skills or learn a new hobby.
Admission to CCR programs is open to adults 18 years of age or older. Students that are 16 or 17 years old must complete additional forms before entering any CCR program.
For more information, call us at 336.342.4261, ext. 2146.
- English Language Acquisition (English as a Second Language) is a program for adults who need to learn English for personal or career advancement.
- High School Equivalency Diploma (GED/HiSET) allows those who did not graduate high school to earn the equivalent of a high school diploma through GED or HiSET testing.
- Adult High School Diploma Program is for anyone who wants to complete high school courses to earn a high school diploma.
Whether you need training to get your foot in the door or to get a promotion that will lead to more income and responsibility, our Employment Programs can help. The education you need to get ahead is here – you just have to have the desire to succeed!
- The Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) tells employers you have the skills needed to do the job. Computer Courses let you expand your computer skills to get a better job.
- Ed2Go Courses are online classes that cover a wide variety of topics. Emergency Services: Fire, Rescue, EMS are courses offering a pathway to a career saving lives and property as a firefighter or rescue worker.
- Health Care classes are for those seeking to enter the health care field or those already in health care who seek to add new skills or certifications. The Human Resource Development Program (HRD) is designed to show those who are unemployed or underemployed how they can get a new or better job.
- Nursing Assistant is a training program that prepares you to be a nurse’s aide.
Rockingham Community College plays a vital role in the economic development of Rockingham County by providing businesses with a source of well-educated and well-trained employees. Our Business Services are designed to help large businesses meet their workforce training needs and to help small businesses start and grow through advice and new ideas.
- Business Management courses allow you to give your employees the training they need to move up the career ladder. Certified Production Technician is a program offering industry recognized core skill certification-based training as a MSSC Certified Production Technician (CPT).
- Computer Courses for Businesses provide a low-cost, highly efficient way for you to have your employees learn the latest computer software for business. Customized Training is developed in collaboration with larger businesses that need workers trained in very specific skillsets.
- Employee & Team Training Courses focus on developing team building and leadership skills in your employees. Technical Training & Assessment Courses offer you the chance to give your employees new skills and assess their current skill levels.
- The RCC Small Business Center is a source of advice, guidance and information for aspiring and current small business owners. Workplace Basic Skills courses help you improve the basic skills all employers look for, such as reading, writing and critical thinking.
Personal Enrichment can mean a lot of things: courses to help you complete a high school education, courses to help you stay healthy and active, courses to teach you a new hobby and even courses to help you get a job. But they all have one thing in common – they help create a better you!
- Safe Driving Courses are 3- and 6-hour courses that help prevent the assessment of insurance points and NC driver’s license points.
- Computer Courses let you expand your computer skills just for yourself or for new career opportunities. The RCC Center for Creative Woodworking located in downtown Reidsville, offers a wide variety of woodworking courses for everyone at every skill level.
- Ed2Go Online Courses are online classes that cover a wide variety of topics. The Human Resource Development Program (HRD) is designed to show those who are unemployed or underemployed how they can get a new or better job.
- Personal Enrichment Courses are designed to teach you new skills by offering fun and interesting activities, and include classes for all age groups.