Paramedic course to begin March 16Feb 4, 2020
For more information or to register,
contact Jason Collins, RCC Emergency Services Director:
336-342-4261 ext. email@example.com
WENTWORTH, N.C. – Rockingham Community College will offer a daytime Paramedic program from March 16, 2020 – March 2, 2021.
The upcoming class will meet 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., on Mondays and Tuesdays of the odd weeks, and Wednesdays and Thursdays of the even weeks.
Students must be certified as a North Carolina or National Registry EMT.
The $726 class cost includes tuition and additional fees of clinical uniform shirts, CPR card, and malpractice and accident insurance. NC fee-exempt status applies; however, additional fees and books are up to the individual. Paperwork is due to the Admissions office by March 11, and payment is due by March 13.
Graduates of the program are eligible to take the North Carolina Paramedic Exam and National Registry Paramedic Cognitive Exam. After week 33 of the class, a student who meets requirements will be eligible to sit for the North Carolina Advanced EMT exam.
This course meets National Standard Curriculum.
The course provides the knowledge, skills, and attributes to provide advanced emergency medical care as a paramedic for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system, and prepares graduates to enter the workforce. The class includes lectures, hands-on skills instruction, and field clinical opportunities.
Students will gain complex knowledge, competency, and experience while employing evidence-based practice under medical oversight, and serve as a link from the scene into the healthcare system.
CPR, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, and GEMS are provided in the course.
Employment opportunities include:
• Providers of emergency medical services
• Convalescent ambulance services
• Fire departments
• Rescue agencies
• Hospital specialty areas
• Educational agencies
• Governmental agencies
Documents needed to register:
• Driver’s license or identification card
• High school diploma/GED/Adult High School diploma
• Placement test scores/copies of college transcripts (if applicable)
• Copy of current EMT (NC or NR) certification
• Proof of completion from a college-level anatomy course (EMS-3000 or higher)
Contact RCC bookstore to purchase three required textbooks:
• “Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice, Vols. 1-5” (ISBN 9780134575964)
• “Basic Arrhythmias, 8th Ed” (ISBN 9780134380995)
• “Prehospital Emergency Pharmacology, 7th Ed” (ISBN 9780135138229)
At Rockingham Community College, you start local and go far.