Applying for Financial Aid at RCC
- Complete the RCC admissions process at this link. (You must apply for admission before receiving financial aid!)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). RCC’s school code is 002958.
- When the Financial Aid Office receives a copy of your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, a letter may be sent to you requesting any additional information we need to process your file. Once all documents are received, your financial aid file will be reviewed for a possible award.
- If it is determined that you are eligible for aid, you will receive a financial aid award letter along with several other important documents about your financial aid package. Carefully read all materials!
- Follow up with the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.
Helpful Financial Aid Videos
Take a look at these short videos for more information about applying for financial aid.
- Award Letter Instructions
- Summer Pell Grant Policy
- Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Important Award Information
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Return of Title IV Funds Policy
- Clock Hour Conversion (Practical Nursing and BLET Students)
CFNC Financial Basics
Free to any student in North Carolina, Financial Basics explores key money management topics you can use right now. High school students receive a series of short courses that are mapped to NC financial literacy standards. College students receive a single comprehensive course. All eligible students are entered to win one of our annual financial literacy scholarships.You can access the course here to register or find out more.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
The following information is to be read carefully by each student receiving financial aid.
You are responsible for being familiar with the information provided in each of the documents listed.
- Federal Aid
- State Aid
- IRS Tax benefit for Education Information
- RCC Foundation Scholarship Application
- Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship
- NC Finish Line Grant
- SECU Continuing Education Scholarship Application
- Golden LEAF Scholarship
- UNC Health Care CNA Scholarship Application
- RCC Eagle Train & Gain Scholarship Application
- RCC Work Study Jobs Available