Applying for Financial Aid at RCC
- Apply for admission. You may apply online. This is a separate process from applying for financial aid however, financial aid cannot be awarded until you are approved for admission and all official high school and college transcripts have been received. For additional information on admission, please visit the Admissions page.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). RCC’s school code is 002958.
- When the Financial Aid Office receives a copy of your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, a letter will be sent to you requesting documents needed to complete your file. Once all documents are received, your financial aid file will be reviewed for a possible award.
- If it is determined that you are eligible for aid, you will receive a financial aid award letter along with several other important documents. Carefully read all materials.
- Follow-up with the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.
Helpful Financial Aid Videos
Financial aid is available from many different sources. It’s important to investigate as many financial aid sources as possible in order to determine if you qualify for funds.
- Summer 2020 Pell Grant Policy
- Award Letter Instructions
- Estimated Cost of Attendance
- Important Award Information
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Return of Title IV Funds Policy
- Clock Hour Conversion (Practical Nursing and BLET Students)
CashCourse is a free online personal finance resource administered by the National Endowment for Financial Education particularly aimed at promoting students’ financial well-being.
CashCourse provides information and tools that allow the student to make wise financial decisions in and out of school.You can access CashCourse here to register or find out more.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
The following information is to be read carefully by each student receiving financial aid.
You are responsible for being familiar with the information provided in each of the documents listed.
- Federal Aid
- State Aid
- IRS Tax benefit for Education Information
- RCC Foundation Scholarship Application
- Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship
- NC Finish Line Grant
- SECU Continuing Education Scholarship Application
- UNC Health Care CNA Scholarship Application
- RCC Eagle Train and Gain Scholarship Application
- RCC Work Study Jobs Avaliable
FAFSA Drop-In Sessions
Currently all FAFSA assistance is being provided online.