Early Childhood Education (C55220EP)
This pathway is designed to provide individuals with the skills for careers in Early Childhood Education, birth to kindergarten, through courses that cover the physical and psychological development of children, strategies for classroom management, and development of age-appropriate classroom activities.
|EDU 119||Early Childhood Education||4||0||4|
|EDU 131||Child, Family, & Community||3||0||3|
|EDU 144||Child Development I||3||0||3|
|EDU 145||Child Development II||3||0||3|
|EDU 146||Child Guidance||3||0||3|
- Create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive and inclusive for all children.
- Design and implement developmentally effective curriculum that addresses all domains of learning and utilize technology to enhance learning for all children.
- Support and empower children, families and communities through trusting and respectful reciprocal relationships.
- Use authentic assessment responsibly to make informed decisions to guide children’s learning.
- Communicate effectively in the classroom and other professional settings.
- Serve as a leader, advocate and professional in the field of early education.
- Use the NAEYC code of ethics as a guide to make ethical decisions regarding children and families.