Fall 2023 Admissions Information
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 19, 2023 @ 4pm
Respiratory Therapy Minimum Requirements
- Complete the RCC admissions process ( apply to RCC, submit all transcripts)
- Completed BIO 168 and BIO 169 with a grade of “C” or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in BIO 169 in the Summer 2023 semester.)
- Completed CHM 131 (with lab CHM 131A ) or CHM 151 with a grade of “C” or higher. (Applicants may be enrolled in CHM 131 /A or CHM 151 in the Summer 2023 semester.)
- Eligible to take ENG 111 without a co-requisite.
- Have a 2.8 GPA or higher from all completed pre-requisite and general education courses. GPA calculation includes:
- Be in Satisfactory Academic Standing with Rockingham Community College (2.0 or higher RCC cumulative GPA).
- Essay – One page, double spaced, typed statement responding to the following questions:
- What makes you a strong candidate for the Respiratory Therapy program at Rockingham Community College?
- What is the biggest challenge you will face in the Respiratory Therapy program?
It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these items does not guarantee acceptance to the entering class.
- Read the Admissions Requirements (above) and complete the Minimum Admissions Requirements. This includes applying to RCC and submitting all official transcripts to the Admissions Office. NOTE: Current RCC students do not need to submit a new RCC application.
- Complete the Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review Form online. The Candidate Review Form will open Friday, December 16, 2022. Candidate Review Forms, including all application materials, must be submitted by Wednesday, July 19, 2023.
- Monitor your email for your Candidate Review Form status. Candidate Review Forms will be processed as soon as possible upon submission. You will be notified via email whether your form has been successfully submitted to the Respiratory Therapy Department or if a follow-up meeting with RCC Admissions is required prior to processing your form:
- Submitted Candidate Review Forms that are complete and meet all minimum requirements will be processed and forwarded to the Respiratory Therapy Department for review. No further action from the student is required in this case.
- Candidates missing requirements or that need additional verification will be required to schedule a follow-up appointment. Candidates will receive the link to schedule an appointment by email. This appointment is required before the application will be processed and forwarded to the Respiratory Therapy Department for review.
- Schedule an appointment with the Respiratory Therapy Program Director, Angela Pruitt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Complete RDS and RCC application||July19, 2023|
|Submit high school/GED transcript and all college transcripts||July19, 2023|
|Submit Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review Form||July19, 2023|
|Meet with Respiratory Therapy Program Director (appointment required)||July19, 2023|
Information Session Details
Respiratory Therapy Information Sessions are optional, but highly encouraged. Sessions begin at time listed and will last approximately one hour. Please log into the Zoom session at least 10 minutes before the start time.
Zoom links are provided in the registration confirmation email (registration links below).
2022-2023 Respiratory Therapy Information Session Dates
|SESSION DATE||TIME||LOCATION||REGISTRATION LINK|
|Thursday, October 20, 2022||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Monday, November 7, 2022||2:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Thursday, December 1, 2022||11:00am||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Monday, December 12, 2022||2:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Thursday, January 5, 2023||6:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Wednesday, February 8, 2023||2:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Thursday, March 9, 2023||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Monday, April 17, 2023||12:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Tuesday, May 9, 2023||2:00pm||Zoom||Click here to register|
|Monday, June 12, 2023||11:00am||Zoom||Click here to register|
General education GPA is calculated using the following courses:
- BIO 168, BIO 169
- CHM 131/A
- ENG 111, ENG 112
- PSY 150
- Humanities elective ( ART 111 , ART 114 , ART 115 , HUM 115 , MUS 110 , MUS 112 , PHI 215 , or PHI 240 )
Use the following link to calculate your general education GPA:
RCC Respiratory Therapy GPA Calculator
RCC Respiratory Therapy Program Goal:
To prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
The Rockingham Community College Respiratory Therapy Program, CoARC program # 200459, AAS, in Wentworth, NC is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
264 Precision Blvd.
Telford, TN 37690
CoARC Programmatic Outcomes
CoARC accredits respiratory therapy education programs in the United States. To achieve this end, it utilizes an ‘outcomes based’ process. Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which the educational goals of the program are achieved and by which program effectiveness is documented. The link listed above provides potential applicants and the public detailed data regarding student/graduate outcomes of this program and all other programs accredited by the (CoARC) Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2022 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
Please review the Respiratory Therapy Performance Standards. Submitting a Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review form indicates your understanding of these standards.
Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review Form must be submitted by July 19, 2023. We will begin accepting Candidate Review Forms on Friday, December 17, 2022.
Applicants must attend a Candidate Review Appointment on Zoom to review and finalize their application. Candidate Review Appointments will take place between January 19, 2022 and July 19, 2023. The link to schedule an appointment will be provided upon submission of the Candidate Review Form.
Clinical Compliance Policy
The Respiratory Therapy Program provides learning opportunities for students in an array of clinical learning environments. To comply with program policies, state and local regulations for healthcare providers, and in the interest of your own personal safety, the safety of your patients, and the potential liability to both the college and clinical agency, there are significant compliance requirements that must be met in order to enter the clinical area.
Applicants are expected to review the Compliance Policy for Clinical Placement prior to application to the program.