As we prepare for the new year and a new FAFSA , please mark your calendar for the following important dates:
📅 January 9, 2024 – FAFSA Line-by-Line Walkthrough Webinar for Students and Families (presented by the NC State Education Assistance Authority, via Zoom. 5:30 p.m.)
- Attendees will get to see the 2024-2025 FAFSA Form and explore it line by line for the first time.
- Register here. Reminders will be sent out before the break and during the first week in January.
📅 January 27, 2024 – FAFSA Day on the Campus of Rockingham Community College (hosted by the RCC Financial Aid Office in the Testing Center, Advanced Technologies Building/ADT 106. 9 a.m.-12 p.m.)
- Attendees will receive assistance with submitting the 2024-2025 FAFSA.
- Attendees must come prepared with their existing FSA ID.
- A registration link and additional information will be sent out in January.
👀 Keep an eye on your email over the next few weeks for more information on how to prepare for the new FAFSA.
Launch of the 2024-25 FAFSA® Form
There are major changes and improvements coming to the 2024–25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form. This redesigned and streamlined FAFSA form will be available by Dec. 31, 2023.
What You Need To Know Now
The 2024–25 FAFSA form will expand eligibility for federal student aid.
- 610,000 new students from low-income backgrounds will be eligible to receive Federal Pell Grants due to updates to student aid calculations.
- Use the Federal Student Aid Estimator to get an early estimate of what your federal student aid could be after submitting the new form.
The 2024–25 FAFSA form will offer a new, streamlined user experience for students and their families.
- Applicants will be able to skip as many as 26 FAFSA questions, depending on their individual circumstances. Some applicants will need to complete as few as 18 questions, taking less than 10 minutes.
- Watch our “2024–25 FAFSA FAQs” playlist to better understand what’s changed on the new form.
What You Can Do Now
- Didn’t submit a 2023–24 FAFSA form? Make sure to create your StudentAid.gov account —and remember your username and password so you can access and submit the 2024–25 FAFSA form when it’s available.
- Find out if your parent(s) or spouse will need to be contributors (contribute their info on your FAFSA form).
- If your parent(s) or spouse will need to contribute to your form, make sure each contributor creates their own StudentAid.gov account. Even if a contributor doesn’t have a Social Security number, they will be able to create an account when the 2024–25 form goes live.
- Watch our “Preparing for the FAFSA Form” playlist to understand what information and documents you’ll need to fill out the FAFSA form.
Stay informed about 2024–25 FAFSA changes and receive up-to-date notifications and information:
- Did you fill out a FAFSA form for 2023–24? We’re emailing students (and parents of dependent students) who applied on the 2023–24 form, reminding them to apply for 2024–25. To ensure you receive future updates, log in to your StudentAid.gov account and confirm we’ve got your current email address.
- Follow Federal Student Aid on social media for resources and announcements—including an alert when the new FAFSA form is available to complete.
Additional resources and updated information will be coming soon.