- Read the Admissions Information completely and complete the Minimum Admissions Requirements.
- Attend a Respiratory Therapy Information Session (optional, but highly recommended).
- Complete the Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review Form online. The Candidate Review Form will open Thursday, December 17, 2020.
- Schedule and attend your Candidate Review Appointment (link provided upon submission of the Candidate Review Form). Deadline to complete the admissions process and submit the form is July 20, 2021 at 5pm.
- After submitting the Candidate Review Form, candidates must schedule an appointment to meet with:
Angela Pruitt, Respiratory Therapy Program Director
Deadline to meet with Angela Pruitt is Thursday, July 22, 2021.
The Respiratory Therapy application process must be complete by 4pm on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.
Candidate review appointments will take place between January 19, 2021 and July 20, 2021.
It is your responsibility to read this page and the information it contains in its entirety. You must meet all requirements to be considered for acceptance; however, completion of these tasks does not guarantee acceptance to the Fall 2021 entering class.
Please review the Credit Programs Catalog for more information on policies and procedures for this program and for Rockingham Community College.
Please review the Respiratory Therapy Performance Standards. Submitting a Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review form indicates your understanding of these standards.
Respiratory Therapy Candidate Review Form must be submitted by 4:00pm on July 20, 2021. We will begin accepting Candidate Review Forms on Thursday, December 17, 2020.
Applicants must attend a Candidate Review Appointment on Zoom to review and finalize their application. Candidate Review Appointments will take place between January 19, 2021 and July 20, 2021. The link to schedule an appointment will be provided upon submission of the Candidate Review Form.
Application to Acceptance Timeline
Contact Laura Jennings, Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 342-4261 x2127 if you have any questions regarding the application process.
Minimum Admissions Requirements
Complete the RCC Admissions Process
Complete the specific Respiratory Therapy admissions requirements:
- Candidate is eligible to take ENG 111 without a co-requisite.
- Candidate has completed BIO 168 and BIO 169 with grade of “C” or higher (candidate may be enrolled in BIO 169 in Summer 2021 semester).
- Candidate has completed a college-level chemistry course and lab ( CHM 131 /A or higher) with grade of “C” or higher (candidate may be enrolled in CHM 131 /A during the Summer 2021 semester).
- Candidate has a 2.8 GPA or higher from all pre-requisite and respiratory therapy general education courses (must have a grade of “C” or higher). GPA calculation includes: BIO 168, BIO 169, CHM 131 /A and any completed general education courses ( ENG 111, ENG 112, PSY 150, and a humanities elective).
- Candidate is in Satisfactory Academic Standing with Rockingham Community College (RCC cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher).
- Essay: One page, double-spaced typed statement responding to the following questions: What makes you a strong candidate for the RCC Respiratory Therapy program? What is the biggest challenge you will face in the program?
Submit the Candidate Review Form and any supporting documents (please see the Review Category Area ). Forms will be accepted beginning December 17, 2020.
Schedule a Candidate Review Appointment upon submission of your Candidate Review Form. The meeting will take place on Zoom. You will receive the scheduling link in the email confirming the submission of your Candidate Review Form. The deadline to apply to the the Fall 2021 Respiratory Therapy program is July 20, 2021 at 4pm. Completed applications will be submitted to the Respiratory Therapy program after the Candidate Review Appointment.
Candidates must schedule an appointment to meet with the Respiratory Therapy Program Director, Angie Pruitt ( email@example.com, 336.342.4261 x2337) after their application has been finalized and submitted by the Admissions Office. Deadline to meet with Angie Pruitt is July 20, 2021.
If admitted to the Respiratory Therapy program, students will attend a mandatory Respiratory Therapy orientation during the summer 2021 semester.