Rockingham Community College’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic from the beginning has centered on the continued health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and community. This focus remains, as the COVID-19 situation continues.
Masks are optional on campus. Hand sanitizer is available in all buildings.
Watch for Symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Students that need to report exposure or symptoms should contact one of their instructors. Click here for RCC’s campus directory.
Employees that need to report exposure or symptoms should contact their supervisor.
Click here for RCC’s COVID-19 Case Procedures for details on what to do if you have symptoms, tested positive, have been potentially exposed to someone with COVID-19, and when quarantine is necessary.
If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms, you may need to seek medical attention. Before going to a health care provider, clinic, hospital or emergency room, call ahead to describe your symptoms and how you may have been exposed to the virus. In the event of an emergency call 911. The N.C. Division of Public Health has established a Coronavirus Helpline, available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Call 1-866-462-3821.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or touching your face. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash your hands after touching your face.
Practice Good Personal Hygiene
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Discard used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid or minimize touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth whenever possible.
- Avoid directly touching surfaces immediately after other individuals without wearing gloves or using a protective barrier.
- Avoid sharing electronic devices that have not been cleaned between uses.
- Wash hands thoroughly after trips to the restroom.
- Use paper towel or tissue to open door handles in common spaces or utilize automatic door buttons whenever available.
- Do not use other workers’ desks or work tools or equipment.
- Use only your knuckle or elbow to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Politely decline hugs, handshakes, high fives or other common gestures involving contact with other individuals.
- COVID-19 At-Home Testing Kit
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- CDC Guidance on COVID-19
- NCDHHS Guidance on COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Education Guidance on COVID-19
CARES Act Federal Reports
- Final Report on CARES Act Funding for Student Relief
- Report on CARES Act Funding for Strengthening Institutions Program
- Report on CARES Act Funding for Institutional Aid
- CARES Act Report Sept. 27, 2020
- CARES Act Report Jan. 10, 2021
- Report on HEERF II Funding for Student Relief 3-31-21
- Report on HEERF II-III Funding for Student Relief 6-30-21
- Report on HEERF II-III Funding for Student Relief – 9-30-21
- Report on HEERF II-III Funding for Student Relief 12-31-21
- Report on HEERF II-III Funding for Student Relief – 3-31-22
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report – HEERF I-II-III – Institutional – 3-31-21
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report – HEERF I-II-III – Institutional – 6-30-21
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report – HEERF I-II-III – Institutional – 12-31-21
- Quarterly Expenditures Report – HEERF I-II-III – Institutional 9-30-21
- Quarterly Expenditure Report – HEERF I-II-III – Institutional 3-31-22
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report — HEERF I-II-III — 7-5-22
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report – HEERF I-II-III – 10-10-22
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report – HEERF I-II-III – 1-10-23
- Annual Report – HEERF I, II, & III – 2021 – Revised 3-24-23
- Annual Report – HEERF I, II, & III – 2022 – 3-24-23