Preparing for Your Online Course
Make sure that your computer is as ready as you are. The following simple preparations will help facilitate a smooth transition into the online learning experience:
- Make sure that you have the recommended browser, Google Chrome, installed.
- Make sure you have a webcam on your computer.
- Log into Moodle and check out the Moodle Basics course.
Moodle is RCC’s learning management system. Your instructor uses Moodle to create online courses and to communicate with you throughout the semester.
You will use Moodle to access course information, grades, and assignments.
If you ever have any trouble logging in to Moodle or a class is not showing up, contact Technology Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.342.4261, ext. 2877.
- Online courses are available the first day of the semester. However, there is a Moodle Basics course available to you at all times. The Moodle Basics course provides tutorials and information to help you throughout your journey here at RCC. You will find resources for Moodle, Collaborate, online tutoring, and other tools.
- Moodle works best with Google Chrome. If you do not have Chrome installed on your computer, please visit google.com/chrome to download and install it.
First Day of Class
- Visit RCC’s Moodle site.
- You will see your enrolled courses once you log into Moodle.
- Click the course name to enter the course.
- Complete the Required Enrollment Assignment.
- Become familiar with the layout of the course.
- Locate the syllabus.
- Complete the Syllabus Acknowledgement Statement.
- Check your Rockingham Community College email account frequently.
- Students automatically receive free Microsoft Office 365 software!
- Your RCC email address is the default email address for your online courses. Instructors will reply to official RCC email ONLY.
Required Enrollment Assignment
Once your online course begins, look for the Required Enrollment Assignment. This assignment counts you as present for class attendance. Once the assignment has been complete, you will see your course content.
To access online tutoring, click the tutoring link provided in your course. You will have access to an online tutor 24 hours a day, seven days a week in English and Math. Tutors are available for other subjects at different times.