The Testing Center is located in the Advanced Technologies Building, room 106. A current picture ID is required for all testing. Tests must be completed between the posted hours of operation.
Students may come to the Testing Center for:
- Placement and Entrance Testing: Reinforced Instruction for Student Excellence (RISE) placement, Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS), Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), Foundations of Nursing Exam (NACE I)
- High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) and General Educational Development (GED) tests
- Curriculum make-up tests and re-tests
- Proctored testing for RCC and non-RCC online students
- Accommodations Testing
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exams
- NHA: Certified EKG Technician, Medical Assistant Certification, Phlebotomy Technician Certification
- PSI: Certified Surgical Technologist Exam
The Testing Center offers proctoring services to students enrolled at other colleges and universities and to members of the community. Proctored testing is scheduled by appointment only. Candidates should arrive at the Testing Center at least 15 minutes before the scheduled testing time. Tests must be completed by closing.
The Testing Center provides computers with Internet access for online testing and receives paper exams via US Mail, fax, or e-mail.
To schedule an appointment call (336-342-4261, Ext. 2225) or e-mail ( email@example.com ).
There is a $20.00 proctoring fee per test, payable in cash prior to the test administration. Students within the North Carolina Community College System will not be charged a fee. In addition, the testing fee will be waived for Rockingham Community College faculty and staff.
Pearson VUE Testing
Rockingham Community College is a PearsonVUE Authorized Test Center (PVTC). We provide on-site testing for IT certifications and select professional exams. In addition, we also offer the computer-based version of the High School Equivalency Examination (GED).
The Authorized PearsonVUE Testing Center is located in the Advanced Technologies Building, room 106.
Directions To Campus
Some of the exams we administer include: ACSM, GED, NBPTS, NC Adult Care Medication Aide, NNAAP, PTCB, CompTIA, Cisco, and VA & NC Insurance. For a complete list of available exams and to schedule a testing appointment, please visit the PearsonVUE website.
PearsonVUE Testing Hours: Wed. 9 am – 1 pm and Thurs. 2 pm – 6 pm
Testing Policies and Procedures
Guidelines for Faculty
- Proctoring services are provided for make-up tests, re-tests, tests requiring student accommodations, and tests for online classes.
- All tests must have a completed Proctored Test Request Form with specific proctoring instructions, including items students may use when testing such as notes, textbook, type of calculator, and/or scratch paper. The Proctored Test Request Form is located on the RCC website under MYRCC Login/ Employees/ Etrieve Central/ Forms.
- If the test is not in Moodle, attach the test file to the Proctored Test Request Form or email the test file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send paper copies via interoffice mail to the Testing Center, or deliver the test in person.
- Testing is by appointment only and will be administered in the Testing Center in the Advanced Technologies Building, Room 106.
- Encourage students to schedule testing appointments at least 24 hrs. in advance by emailing email@example.com and copy (Cc:) you or calling ext. 2225.
Guidelines for Students
- Please schedule testing appointments 24 hrs. in advance.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy (Cc:) your instructor or call ext. 2225 to schedule an appointment.
- Provide the instructor’s name, course name & number, and the test to be taken when scheduling a testing appointment.
- A current photo ID (Drivers License or RCC Student ID) is required for all testing and must be presented at the time of test administration.
- Arrive for testing in the Testing Center at or 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Students may be asked to reschedule their appointments if are they are more than 15 minutes late.
- Only required testing materials are allowed in testing area. All personal belongings (electronic devices, coats, purses, hats, study material, backpacks) should be locked in your car or must be stored in a locker. All cell phones must be turned off or set to silent, so they do not ring or vibrate.
- No student may leave the room and return to a test in progress.
- Students may not bring a test to or take a test from the Testing Center.
- Students should contact their instructor to determine when the test will be available in the Testing Center. Students will not have access to a test after its due date.
- Students caught cheating will be asked to surrender all testing materials and the test will be stopped.
- Questions about test content are referred to the instructor.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the Testing Center.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center and/or to be left unattended on campus while testing is in progress.