The Testing Center is located in the Advanced Technologies Building, Room 106. A current picture ID is required for all testing. Tests must be completed between the posted hours of operation.
Students may come to the Testing Center for:
- Placement and Entrance Testing: Reinforced Instruction for Student Excellence (RISE) placement, Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS),Test of Adult Basic Skills (TABE), Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), Foundations of Nursing Exam (NACE I)
- Curriculum make-up tests and re-tests
- Proctored testing for RCC and non-RCC online students
- Accommodations Testing
- Pearson VUE Testing
The Testing Center offers proctoring services to students enrolled at other colleges and universities. Proctored tests are scheduled by appointment only and students should arrive at the Testing Center at least 15 minutes before the scheduled testing time. Tests must be completed by closing.
The Testing Center will provide a computer with Internet access for online testing and receive paper exams via US Mail, fax, or e-mail.
To schedule an appointment call (336-342-4261, Ext. 2225) or e-mail ( email@example.com ).
There is a $20.00 proctoring fee per test payable in cash prior to the test being administered. Students within the North Carolina Community College System will not be charged a fee. In addition, the testing fee will be waived for Rockingham Community College faculty and staff.
Pearson VUE Testing
Rockingham Community College is a Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center (PVTC). We can provide on-site, on-demand testing for IT certification and select professional exams. In addition, we also offer the web-based version of the High School Equivalency Examination (GED) via our Pearson VUE Test Center.
Our Pearson VUE Test Center is located in the Advanced Technologies Building.
Directions To Campus
Some of the exams we offer include: ACSM, GED, PTCB, CompTIA, Cisco and VA NC Insurance. For a complete list of available exams and to schedule a testing appointment, please visit the
Pearson VUE website.
Pearson VUE Testing Hours: Wednesday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm and Thursday 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Testing Policies and Procedures
- Attach the test to the Testing Request in EtrieveCentral, or deliver the test in person. Faculty can email tests to: firstname.lastname@example.org, send the test via interoffice mail to the Testing Center.
- Testing will be by appointment only and will be administered in the Testing Center in the Advanced Technologies Building, Room 106.
- Students should email ( email@example.com) and CC: their instructor or call ext. 2225 to schedule a day and time to take the test.
- Curriculum Tests include: Make-up tests, Re-tests, and proctored tests for online classes.
- Faculty can email tests to ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), sendtests via interoffice mail to the Testing Center, attach tests to the Testing Request in EtrieveCentral, or deliver the test in person.
- All tests must have a completed Testing Request cover sheet with specific proctoring instructions, including all items students may use when testing. This cover sheet is located in EtrieveCentral.
- All items students may use when testing are included.
- A photo ID is required for all tests and must be presented at time of test administration.
- Students must provide the instructor’s name, course name & number, and the test number needed in order to have a test administered.
- Students must report for testing in the Testing Center at the scheduled time. If a student is more than 15 minutes late for his/her appointment, the student will need to reschedule a time to take the test.
- No student may leave the room and return to a test in progress.
- Only required testing materials are allowed in testing area. All personal belongings must be stored in a locker to include all electronic devices, coats, purses, hats, study material, and backpacks. All cell phones must be turned off or set to silent, as long as they do not ring or vibrate.
- Students may not bring a test to or take a test from the Testing Center.
- Students should contact the instructor to determine when the test will be available in the Testing Center. Students will not have access to a test after its due date.
- Students caught cheating will be asked to surrender all materials and the test will be stopped.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center and/or to be left unattended on campus while testing is in progress.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the Testing Center.
- Questions about test content are referred to the instructors.